Wednesday, May 27, 2009

MY STUPID FACE

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

i fucked up trimming my beard the other day, i haven't seen this much of my face in about six years. let's just say i haven't missed it. i have a dimple in my chin. my chins...
my dad has had a beard my whole life, if he shaved i think i'd shit my mind.
i have this really cool little black and white photo of him that he had taken for his nepalese trekking permit in about 1970 where he has a moustache. he says that it's the "last known" photograph of him without a beard.

i went to see obits the other night. if i could sum up their set with one word, i would say they were "classy". no fucking around, no superfluous banter, no fuss, no muss, no costly frills and gimmicks. i'm not loving the record as much, but it's still pretty good. it kinda has a, dare i say, late 80's canadian dad-rock vibe on some tracks. and i don't necessarily think that's a bad thing. maybe it's just me. definately kinda rockabilly.
same thing with the night marchers, the record is pretty ok, live they blew my face off. totally classy.
both those dudes have been doing it for so long now that they can't help but be totally classy and rocking.
still not as good as drive like jehu, though...



ryan should be getting back any day now from his tour with lightning dust opening for bonnie god damn motherfucking prince billy. he says that they are basically a jam band.
which is cool with me.
pre-production has begun on the meagerly anticipated duffy and the doubters album "scriptural supplies" coming out in a limited vinyl only release this fall.
be on the lookout.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

First, I live in Tennessee. Where and how--if possible--will I be able to obtain this "Duffy and the Doubters" album?

Second, while we're talking about Charles Manson, I thought I'd share these since they've brought me a lot of laughter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00MkQrlauM8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5IrRe2F7qY